Welcome to Eliteark Servers: Top Unofficial Ark Survival Evolved PC Server Since 2015

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

supercali

Current state of 10x Server

So we all can agree that the server is experiencing some kind of latency issue the past week. I understand hitman and princess are working on finding a solution to this, and am grateful for all their attempts to remedy the situation in the meantime until a permanent fix. But currently the the server pop is dead and with the current lag issues, the website states that a wipe isnt happening unless one or the other happens. In this case, both are involved. So with that being said, can we get some kind of update with this server on whether it will be wiped shortly after the new hardware is installed or if there isnt going to be a wipe. I just want to know if I should keep grinding or not even care at all until the server is wiped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The server is running 100% as it did and as it should. The true problem is the amount of buildings there are. I would love to get into great depth and explain a few things, but the biggest misconception people have with dedicated servers is that its a "host" issue or "specs" issue. The only possible upgrade I can do to this server is get a overclocked cpu server that MIGHT produce 20-30% increase for 3x the server cost.

Ark was coded, engineered, patched, etc for 1x gather and tame rate with a maximum of 70 players. This is 10x that PLUS all the mods. A base with 2000 auto turrets, 3000 building components and 200 dinos will surely cause the entire server to lag. And lets not dismiss the Ankylo and quetzal combo.

That all being said, Some tweaks and changes will be coming next wipe cycle to combat some of the above mentioned problems. As far as when to wipe? That is a terrible decision i always have to make and it sucks. I love gathering opinions and ALWAYS welcome it, but at the end of the day my #1 job is to keep the server alive and well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, admin said:

 The true problem is the amount of buildings there are.

I understand in a previous post you updated the decay timers on buildings, 1.5 days thatch, 3 days wood, 5 days stone, and 7 days metal. This is a much needed change and glad its been reworked in the current wipe and future wipes. 

3 hours ago, admin said:

I would love to get into great depth and explain a few things, but the biggest misconception people have with dedicated servers is that its a "host" issue or "specs" issue. The only possible upgrade I can do to this server is get a overclocked cpu server that MIGHT produce 20-30% increase for 3x the server cost.

I'm not 100% positive on where you're hosting your servers, but from what it shows is that they are ran in separate countries. 

WIPED 8/12 10x ALL[EliteSupplyDrops][ORP] EliteArk.com

WIPED 8/21 15xALL [ELiTeSupplyDROPS][ORP] EliteArk.com

If this information is correct, could this possibly be an underlying factor as to why the two servers are performing differently?

2 hours ago, admin said:

Ark was coded, engineered, patched, etc for 1x gather and tame rate with a maximum of 70 players. This is 10x that PLUS all the mods. A base with 2000 auto turrets, 3000 building components and 200 dinos will surely cause the entire server to lag. And lets not dismiss the Ankylo and quetzal combo.

Given the facts stated above, you have another server doing exceptionally well under these conditions with the extra 5x. Although the server gets wiped monthly, this server has been running at full capacity with 127 players and maintaining smooth performance. 

Have you looked into any mods you want to throw out? I personally love the vanilla experience and still have no idea how half the mods work. Although they are nice additions to a server. I feel it brings griefers on board and in 30 minutes have a fully functional raft with explosives at hand to wipe out new tribes. (PvP aside, it drives out the population) Bulk Mod comes into mind here. Not only for the griefing aspect, but for the possibility of having ~20+ tribes crafting bulk sparkpowder, narcos, gp, cp at the same time. (I have no facts stating this has part in the lag, its just something that crossed my mind when it comes to mass farming.)

A major reason servers experience lag is the use of RCON. As useful as this tool is, it causes huge lag spikes on the server itself. I've ran a server in the past where its been tested that without the use of RCON it's dramatically improved server performance. I don't want to eliminate this tool from your arsenal altogether if it helps you manage a server, it's just something to think about putting a limited use on. I also can understand how you might be using this tool on both servers and your argument could be that if the 15x server still runs smooth with it, why not keep using it. But each server is operated differently when it comes to its time for wipes. 

 

3 hours ago, admin said:

That all being said, Some tweaks and changes will be coming next wipe cycle to combat some of the above mentioned problems. As far as when to wipe? That is a terrible decision i always have to make and it sucks. I love gathering opinions and ALWAYS welcome it, but at the end of the day my #1 job is to keep the server alive and well.

The hardest part about any server is when to wipe. Looking at the the current state of the 10x server, it's almost like it has to be done. Ultimately it comes down to your decision when. Just trying to gauge my playtime on the server so I am not working on something that could possibly be wiped the next day, or week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.